Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pain in knees, shoulders. On vitamin D, calcium. Rotator tear in hands, surgery done. Treatment?

Hi , My mom is 57 years old .Recently we had operation of rotator tear of both her hands But still there is problem she is getting lot of pain in knee ,hand shoulder , back . Doctor said that her calcium level is very low. Even i checked her vitamin D that came 17 only . Doctor has sugessted oral vitamin D injection of 6L for three weeks with calcium tablets. My question is that if she takes that then whether she will be out of pain. Even My vitamin D is only 3. please suggest for myself.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Vitamin is D can give her partial relief. But rotator cuff tear is a painful surgery and her pain will be there for at least 3 to 4 months. I would suggest you to give her pregabalin and methyocobal tablet.
Answered: Wed, 30 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor