Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Pain in kidneys. Had UT result. Can any online doctor help me to read it?

my name is ameen
i am 26 yrs old
well last week i get the pain in both side of my kidney i get pain killer in the afternoon but it does not relief so in evening i again have one more pain killer
next day i done urine test so in chemical examination it shows
albumin trace
occult blood trace
and microscopic examination
crystal cal.oxalate (*)
and mucus present (**)
kindly advice
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic and
thanks for the query.

The results show that you are suffering from renal colic due to calcium oxalate stone.
Prevention of calcium oxalate kidney stones requires making changes in fluid intake and consumption of sodium, animal protein, calcium, and oxalate.
Fluid intake(water) should be 2 to 3 litres a day and it is very beneficial not only in preventng calcium oxalate stones. Thus as part of preventive measures you should;
-reduce sodium (table salt)
- reduce animal protein, such as meat, eggs, and fish
-get enough calcium from food or taking calcium supplements with food so as to prevent absorption of oxalate and
-avoiding foods high in oxalate, such as spinach, rhubarb, nuts, and wheat bran
Hope this helps you
Dr Achuo
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor