Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Pain in hip joint, popping sound on walking, sports injury. X-ray normal. Treatment?

My 12 year old son had to leave his tackle footbal game with pain in his hip joint following being tackled. I took him to the ER and he was x-rayed and we were told it was fine. the day after he is having popping in his hip joint with every stride while walking. How should I proceed or what type of specialist should I see?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM
The pain may be due to muscle pull or any bone injury.
In any situation it will take few days to relieve so dont worry too much.
Xrays are usually normal in initial phase of trauma. If not reliverd pain at all than consult orthopedician and go for MRI Hip , as it will diagnose the definately,
Thanking you.
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Ahmed Elsheikh's  Response
make MRI for hip joint first.may be there is inflamation due to more effort .he should begin physiotherapy sessions with doctor of physical therapy for hip JT (strengthening exercices and stretch ex and electrotherapy(ultra sound_interferrential current for knee joint_faradic current for quadri ceps muscles) and take medication uder orthopaedic specialist
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor