Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain in head, sudden attacks. Any ideas?

i have been experiencing for the past two days random sharp head pains on the right side of my head, about 2 inches above my ear. They are not like any type of headache I have ever experienced before. It just like a sudden cramping contraction type of pain and it will last for about 15 seconds and then subside and then come back randomly again anywhere from 1 minute later the pain is about moderate, but its very alarming to me. any ideas what this could be please
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Neurologist 's  Response
Dear patient

It would be very useful to know your age and gender. This kind of temporal pains in young age females is suggestive of trigeminal cephalagias. In older age group temporal artertitis i.e. inflammation of arteries is likely. I would sincerely advise to consult physician to look for local tenderness. Blood test such as ESR is helpful.
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor