Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pain in foot. Two red lines near the toe. Inside arch swollen and pains while walking. Tightness in neck, earache, headache. Can these two things be related?

My left foot started hurting about 2 weeks ago. Pain increases the more I walk on it and when it first appeared it hurt to touch the skin. Kind of like a bite just under the skin but there was no bite. There are 2 parallel lines (red) going up and down On the inside of my left foot near the big toe (but not on it or under it). The area under the lines And under the inside of my left arch is swollen and pain becomes Very intense in this area when I walk around. The pain started when I Wore some shoes that didn t stay on very well and I would crunch my toes to hold them on. Yesterday I began having a small bump on the back left side of my neck (at the very base of my skull . Feel sensitive to the touch. Like a bite just under the skin. Left side of my neck is tight and the small bump is causing pain everywhere on the left side of my head and neck . Getting extremely bad headache and minor ear ache. I grind my teeth at night, smoke and occasionally drink. Not on any medications and have never had any serious health issues. I was diagnosed with HPV 4 years ago but my pap this past year was normal. I work 2 jobs so I don t sleep and I don t exercise regularly. This small lump on my neck has appeared before and gone away (twice on the past 6 months). This time it s really painful. I don t know if these two things could be related but they both seem to be tender in the same way, however, the area on the back on my neck has no discoloration and it s very hard to detect from someone else.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  512
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
both issues are separate . For foot and neck pain anti-inflammatory medicines may ease .foot needs to be examined by an orthopedist and neck region by a surgeon for the lump.
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor