Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain in food pipe. Is there any home remedy that can help apart from the medicine?

I am having a pain in my food pipe. The pain is persistent, however it increases manifolds, if I eat or drink. I visited a GP today and they advised me to take Nexium: esomeprazole Multiple Unit Pellet System - 40 Mg. After taking the medicine the pain reduced and I was able to take food with less pain. However after few hours the pain is back. Is there any home remedy that can help apart from the medicine.I have been advised one tablet a day, Can I take more than 1 tablet, if there is pain.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of esophageal (Food pipe) ulcer.
Aggravation of pain while eating and drinking suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for endoscopy to rule out possibility of esophageal ulcers.
You can take Nexium twice in day along with local anesthetic agent for better swallowing.
You should take hot solid foods and try to take soft food.
You can take cold milk for relief.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor