Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Pain in esophagus on eating, swallowed big piece of meat by mistake. Blood work normal. Treatment?

one week ago, my 32-yr. old son was eating roast beef and swallowed a big bite that he almost choked on. since then, his esophagus or a little further down has been hurting. It pains when he eats. he went to a doctor last week, and they didn t think anything about it. They did bloodwork and everything tested fine. Do you think he damaged something inside?? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that there is mild inflammation to the esophagus due to this trauma. This would cause discomfort on eating.

He may want to avoid hot/spicy/ acidic foods that may aggravate the area and slow down healing.
In addition the use of anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen/cataflam/naproxen/aspirin would be helpful.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 12 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor