Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain in chest, inability to breathe, burning sensation. Heart attack? Will I be okay?

hi there,
my husband yesterday is concerned he had a heart attack, he is 27 and has always been healthy, other then the occasional unexplained pain in the chest, which i also have had myself.. but yesterday he was on the ground rolling in pain and could hardly breathe we rushed him to hospital, it lasted for approx 20mins then he came right. any thoughts on this matter? it feels like your chest is going to expode, he felt a burning pain, i thought we may possibly have a heart mumour or something else as the conditon doesnt come often and is only for a fairy short period of time.
regards bridget
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Ms. Bridget
Thanks for writing to HCmagic
The kind of description of pain you are giving is less likely to be a heart attack in a 27 years old male. The diagnosis of heart attack is based upon the typical pain, ECG findings, Cardiac enzymes and ECHO findings. if he has been sent back by the hospital , then in all probability he might not have suffered one.
this pain could be due to GERD (where acid refluxs into the upper food pipe and cause burning and at times causes severe pain) or there are many more causes of chest pain other than heart attack. However the best way to know the exact cause is to show your physician and discuss.
i would recommend you to see your physician first. if there is any other query after that please feel free to write to us.
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is rather unusual (not unknown) to have an attack at this age...
The description of pain does not suggest an attack...
There are several other causes that can cause pain in and around that area...
He should be investigated...

EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
Mostly to exclude and reassure / rather than to rule in!
The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor