Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain in back, shoulder. Hurts on twisting, bending, pain while deep breathing. Reason for pain?

Hi, I have pain in my mid/upper back on the left side under my shoulder that radiates around to the front under my rib. It hurts a great deal when I twist and side bend. I have had this pain for 7 weeks and have not had a reprieve. It is difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. When I take a deep breath, I feel pain both in front and on the left side. Please help. Thanks, Alyson
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It sounds like muscular pain but -
Pain more than a month needs physical examination.
See your doctor.
X-rays of the chest and spine may be needed / probably an EKG too...
Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs and Skeletal Muscle relaxants may help in the mean time

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor