Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pain in back of knee. Hard to stand and walk. Is it posterior cruciate ligament?

I have pain in the back of my right knee . Seems to be on the inside back and a bit on the inside while standing. After sitting for a period of time, when I stand, it s hard to extend the back of my leg to walk without a stretching feeling with pain. Walking is stiff. This started after I bent on one knee and put some (normal) weight on it while doing some chores around the house. Seems to be OK after some resting and when I get up in the morning. Throughout the day however it gets harder to walk. I m 53. Male. 5 10 /185lbs. Could it be this PCL thing?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Unless you've injured your knee unlikely to be your PCL. When you have fluid in your knee, an effusion, you will often feel pain in the back of the knee joint.
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor