Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pain in back, left central portoin. Why yellow urine? Why tired? Why biliribin exceeds?

hi Dr.. i am 29 years old. i feel pain on my left central portion of back side ..i mean almost netral of back bone but in left side... befor my weight 65kg.. now 52 only. also i fell tiredness & my urine yellowish colour..i made some lab test .. isee total bilurubin level is exeed.. ie 33.9 umol/ litter.. please advice me what the problems for me & what the further treatment... iam attaching my reports.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Raised levels of bilirubin and yellow colored urine suggest jaundice.
The next step is to determine the level of direct and indirect bilirubin levels.
Direct and indirect bilirubin are raised in different states.
Direct bilirubin is raised in obstruction of the biliary tract and indirect bilirubin is raised in hemolytic anemias to name a few conditions.
The other liver function tests should also be done - SGOT, SGPT, alkaline phosphatase, and 5- nucleotidase.
These investigations will throw more light on the causation of jaundice and hence its management.
Consult your physician ordering the investigations.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor