Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Pain in abdomen, back, groin, recurring UTI. Blood test shows renal abnormality. Treatment?

Hi, I have had a constant pain and lately a lot of sharp stabbing pain on the Right side of my abdomen , the pain extends to my back and to my groin . No matter it I sit, lie down it hurts... Even more so when I walk around. I have had my gallbladder removed and a total hysterectomy so there is not much more that can be removed. I have been getting regular UTI s which I have been given antibiotics each time. My urine sample has come back fine but that was tested during me taking antibiotics for a week.. I have had a blood test for everything and I was told by the health visitor that my results were all normal apart from one which was Renal Abnormality... I was asked if I have been asked to see a dr and I said no.. and advised to see the dr... I received the results today... I ve also been into hospital with this pain who admitted me and then discharged me on the same day to go to my GP for a referral which I have done but still awaiting. I m really fed up of the pain and constant UTI s and now I have Renal Abnormality and my doctor does not know what is wrong with me? Would you please give me advice as to what is happening to me... This pain is horrific and at times unbearable... Thank you in advance
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
Pain can be due to several causes more commonly due to stones,
infection of the urinary tract.
You need to do- CBC, RFT, Urine (Culture & Sensitivity),
Random blood sugar level, USG KUB.
Start appropriate antibiotic as per report, take antispasmodics, pain killers, diuretics with your Urologist's opinion.
Drink plenty of water so that at least 2 litres of urine is voided in 24 hrs.
If diabetic, blood sugar levels must be in good control.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor