Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Pain from eyelid to cheekbone. Painful to blink, swelling below eye

Hi I have pain that feels like inflammation in the right side of my right eye spreading from the eyelid across the cheekbone. I haven t had ant trauma to the eye or face? It feels like there is a foriegn object in the eye, but I cannot see it. The eye is not bloodshot and my vision appears to be fine, apart from blinking which is very painful. The pain is spreading from the top of the eye lid across to my cheekbone and under the eye. This area is swallon and puffy. There isn t any evidence of pus but it feels like the is a lot of pus behind the socket. Can you advise please?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  573
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is better to get your eye examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look. It could be due to inflammation in the eye such as iritis, or keratitis/corneal abrasion/corneal foreign body. Further treatment would be based on the eye findings.So do get your eye examined at the earliest.


Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor