Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Pain during urinating, paralysis. Suggest medication And tell reason?

My mother age is 76y. She was feeling pain during urine . Urine sample was tested in lab and found 150-200 pus cell, N.B.B 1+ bacteria. A doctor(MD recommended Inj Amikacin sulphate 750mg/4ml daily and syrup Alkalinizer 3 times. In two days of medicating, patient is not feeling good. Kindly suggest us. Patient have no sugar problem but she is paralysed since 3years.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Your mother's urinalysis report indicates very high pus cells which indicates presence of urinary tract infection.

Amikacin is a good drug. but in this condition, some other antibiotic like piperacillin and tazobactum.

So, consult with her treating doctor about it.

Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor