Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pain during periods. Have hepatitis B infection. Want to take birth control pills

Hello. I am 22 years old and want to go to the gynecologist to get some birth control pills to reduce or even stop my period. I am so tired of going through so much pain during my periods. I have heavy flow, huge migraines, nausea, and it feels like a knife is going through my stomach. But my period is still pretty regular. I was wondering if the doctor would have to break my hymen to exam me in order to prescribe me birth control pills. Another reason I want to go onto birth control pills is because I would like the join the marine corps in the next couple of years and do not want to worry about my period getting in the way of my physical test and swim tests (I tried using tampons and I hate it...). Oh and I also have hepatitis B which I got from my mother from birth but have been on viread for the past year and the virus copies are undetectable but am not actually cured yet till the virus gene is gone and will have to continue to take the viread medication. Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your having painful periods and want to take birth control pills for that.There are many causes for painful periods and uterune fibroids and endometrosis are the commonest one.Your gynaecologist can tell you cause of your painfull periods after examining you.There is no need to rupture your hymen for examining you.There are many investigations like ultrasound which can pick up most of causes of painful periods.Your gynaecologist may prescribe you medicine for treament of pain as well as for postponoing of periods.Being Hepatitis B positive will not interfer your treatment,however you have to remain under supervision of your gynaecologist who may monitor your liver function regullary till you on medication for postponing periods.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor