Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Pain below the breast after eating, back and shoulder pain. Tried zantac and tums. Ultrasound showing polyps or stones in gall bladder. Scheduled HIDA scan

Just wondering if I am getting jerked around? I have been having pain on the right side kind of right under my breast , very quizzy, more so after I eat, back, shoulders and neck are just killing me and running a low grade fever every know and then. I have tried tums and zantac and nothing has worked. Had an ultrasound done and said it looks like there is a polyps or stones in/on my gallbladder . So they scheduled an HIDA scan, That showed that my gallbladder is working at about 60% and that there is stones. Know they want me to have a camera down my throat to look at my stomach for an ucler! But if that is negative they are going to remove my gallbladder. Should I get a second opinion? I feel there are just fishing! I don t know what they see that they think that I have an ulcer . I wish they would just take out my gallbladder!
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear your having pain on right side of your chest,radiated to your shoulder and and neck right side,along with low grade fever,and ultrasound reports cholilithesis (stone in gall bladder) .Dear all these are symptoms of cholicystitis ( infection in gall bladder )Tthis is usually due to stone in the gall bladder.cholicystectomy (Removal of Gall bladder ) is the treatment for this condition,and it will give you relief from these symptoms .looking at your stomach for ulcer is not a bad option,though the symptoms you mention could be due to stone in your gall bladder,but duodenal ulcer can produce same type of symptoms,so EGD, usually called as endoscopy is a good advice before surgery.No harms in talking a second opinion,its patient right to have a second opinion for his/her treatment
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Jasjit Singh Virk's  Response
I think you can straight way go for laparoscopic cholecystectomy as gall stones disease itself causes acid peptic disorder.
you definitely require surgery for gall bladder

hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor