Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain below rib cage. Relieved by drinking water. Ultrasound normal?

Periodically i get sudden severe pain below my right rib-cage which goes up into my teeth on the right side. It could last for 10 minutes ..up to maby 2 hours. It kinda comes in waves receding all the time. Over the counter remedies don t do much to relieve it...but drinking water helps. I have noticed that it can come after eating chocolate or red wine, particuluraly chocolate. Drinking lots of water helps. I might get months between attacks and i forget about it. i had an ultrasound 3 years ago and nothing showed up.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms that you have described are likely to be related to chronic gastritis. You need to avoid taking all the foods that aggravate the pain and get some antacids after meals for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor