Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pain below breast bone. Do I have joint pain due to arthritis?

I am a 39 year old male, i have been having pain just below my left breast bone for a few months now, sometimes sudden onset with sharp pain, other times a dull pain. I also have dull aching in my left tricep I assumed was joint pain due to my arthritis . Tonight while having sharp pain in the lower left chest I felt a lump across the left of my chest about 3 inches wide and an inch tall above the stomach just below the breast. I am unable to visit the doctor soon should I be concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
After going through your suffering, the pain could be of costochondritis (painful when ribs are pressed), may be relieved by following measure along with the drugs like ibuprofen-
1. Avoiding unnecessary exercise or activities that make the symptoms worse; avoid contact sports until there is improvement in symptoms, and then return to normal activities only as tolerated.
2. Rib belt along with hot water fomentation helps.
If the problem persists you may see a doctor to rule out the other possibilities.
Hope this information suffices and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Take care and wish you good health
Answered: Thu, 24 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor