Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pain at the back of knee on tendon that hurts on pushing or running. Recovery time?

Hi i have a pain in the back of my knee , it isnt on the joint or bone , its on the back left tendant it only hurts if i push on it like a bruise ( but there is no bruise), or if i run over a kilometer it starts to hurt .... i am giving myself the next month off from running will that be enough time ? i love running and want to get back to it asap.. Thanking you in advance
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
I read carefully your query.
I think that you should do knee ultrasound or knee MRI and than you should go at orthopedist or rheumatologist depend from your problem who may be:
- liquid in you knee from rupture of a ligament ,rupture of menisc or inflamatory disease
- Becker cyst(cyst synovial outside from normal capsule of knee.

Wishing you fast recovery.

Dr Ilirian
Answered: Sat, 4 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor