Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain at ribs on right side, feel bloated with pains when drinking wine or water, ammonia smell from skin. Solution ?

hello, I have been feel these pain at my ribs on my right side. sometimes its the other side too. I notice when I drink a lot of water I feel bloated and pains. I recently notice when I drink wines or alchol my stomack get very bloated and it hurts. also I notice that certain vitamins or mineral give me stomach pain. I m not sure if this all connect to gather but sometimes I can smell ammonia on my skin,in the back of my nose . there was times it was so stronger that I was embasssses. sometimes the ammonia only smells in my personal areas. sometimes its there then in the next hour the smell is gone.thank for any help u can give
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Since you mentioned that pain is on the right rib cage . Sometimes pain also on left side when drink wine or alcohol .
The possibility may be peptic ulcer disease or Hiatus hernia.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper G I endoscopy.
As you stated that pain aggravate by drinks of alcohol or wines i.e. substances of irritant nature increase the pain .
So for this try raising the head of your bed about 4 inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.
To help control the stomach acid , one should not drink ALCOHOL or WINE . Don't use products containing caffeine or spicy food , greasy food, junk , chocolates. Some antacid may help, if not then take proton pump inhibitors after consultation with doctor.
Now the question of smelling ammonia type smell get in blood exmination for serum creatineine & blood urea , may be due to high level of blood urea in body ( ammonia smell).
Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor