Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Pain and tenderness in the chest after a fall. Pain on breathing. Need treatment

two days ago i slipped on my dressing gown while coming down the staircase... i fell forward and to the left of my upper chest ... i wasnt that sore until i woke the next morning. i have extreme tenderness just above my left breast , i cant even take deeps breaths and i am terrified to cough or even raise my voice as the pain is unbearable. i am a usually healthy and fit 41 year old female with no other medical conditions. thanks cheryl edmond
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You had a fall from staircase and getting severe pain in chest .You have to get your X ray Chest done to rule out fracture of the Ribs. Usually fractured Ribs give severe pain Please consult some surgeon who will asses you and advice further treatment.In the mean while take pain killers Nothing to worry there is nothing much to be done and take rest for a week.or two.
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor