Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Pain and swollen labia minora, hurt during intercourse due to dryness. How to get relief?

About a week ago my husband and I were having inner course. I wasn t dry, but I wasn t really wet either. While he was thrusting I felt a pinch in my right labia minora . I ignored it and let him finish because even though it hurt I knew it was just because I wasn t wet as I needed to be and it was just pinching it. But now it s swollen and it hurts.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

Your labia minora seems to be swollen due to blunt injury by pinching. It might have become bluish also. To get relief from this agony, please apply ice packs to labia minora. If the pain is intolerable, you may take some analgesic anti-inflammatory medicine. If there is any open wound, please apply some local antibiotics cream like Soframycine. The lesion should subside within 5-7 days. You may report to Gynaecologist. Till you are relieved of pain and oedema, please observe sexual abstinence.

In future, if you are dry, please do not have forceful insertion. You may opt for one or both of the following:

1.Request your husband to wait till you are wet. Please ask him to seduce you more - the way you want it. Let him insert only when you are aroused and wet. Spend more time in body-play.

2. Use lubricants. Oil-based lubricants are harmful to woman's genital organs. Hence use only water-based lubricants. Vaginal jellies available with chemists are very good for the purpose.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Wed, 6 Jul 2016
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Shanti Vennam's  Response
I have gone through your query and understood the concern. It is true that when the vagina is not as wet as needed during an intercourse, it can lead to consequences like this. Sometimes, there can also be some tears in the labia and vagina and occasionally in the clitoris as well. Now, you should consult a specialist to have a local examination and rule out any tears etc. Relief from the swelling can be had by application of ice packs, rest and anti-inflammatory medication. Do not indulge in further intercourse until you are healed well. Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor