Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Pain and swelling in the knee. Need to see a doctor?

I am a 23 year old female.
I have been having alot of knee pain (inner/medial left knee). Most of the knee pain comes throughout the night and wakes me up (past month). I reposition my knee to control the throbbing pain. During the day I can also have the knee pain if I am laying in one position for too long. The knee will also start to hurt sometimes when I run or even walk uphill. The pain is accompanied by a hard to the touch swelling of my left medial side of the knee. What could this be, should I go to the dr?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello madam, this might be due to osteochondroma, a type of non neoplastic tumour which stops in growth after skeletal maturity. You need to go through basic knee x-ray to rule out. For further query feel free to consult me at
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor