Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain and redness in vaginal opening. Used Clotrimazole. What should I do?

i had a pain and redness in my opening of my vagina and most painful in my clitoris before since then every time i had a period for over a year then its getting severe and worse bcoz i see now the changes of the skin of my labia minora especially on my clitoris became skin like white bald skin going to the opening of my vagina..even if i have no period i still have pain now for over 1year and half now.....i went to obygyn that prescribe me some suppository medicine to put inside ...i have finished in 6weeks all suppository medisin and cream and tablet(cotrimazole vaginal tablet, neo-penotran suppository,gynomax suppository,Dactacort cream,doxycline steroid ,ovestin cream) but all works nothing.....what shoud i do???? i did everything.....
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Firstly, please get investigated to isolate the exact cause before trying further medication. Secondly, if you have the habit of using tampons during menstrual period, please stop using them and use sanitary napkins instead. This will allow proper ventilation and prevention of infection as the tissues are vulnerable during a period. Finally, if vaginitis is due to moniliasis, please use complete course of treatment and also further prophylactic doses. if you are sexually active, abstain until you get complete cure and also see if your partner needs any treatment. Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 18 Jan 2015
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Sumana's  Response
Hello there, thanks for the query. I understand it must be very difficult for you to bear it for quite a long time. I see that you have been treated for various vaginal infections (fungal, bacterial ). The fact that you haven't found relief suggests it may not be infection at all. At the moment its quite tough without examining to fix diagnosis and prescribe treatment. U require a biopsy of the skin of that area to pinpoint diagnosis. This can be done by a good dermatologist or gynaecologist. Biopsy report should be able to guide you what further can be done to offer you relief. Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor