Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Pain after urination and ejaculation. Need to get checked?


I'm 42 and I keep getting bouts of pain in the lower regions following a long period maintaining an erection without ejaculating.
The pain gets worse after I've urinated and just after ejaculation - last about 40 minutes and then subsides to normal.
I have no other symptoms apart from those triggered by witholding ejaculation - this can amount to several hours.

Is this normal or do I need to get this checked out?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
This is a common phenomenon and is described by most men. Urination after sexual intercourse is common practice and is but normal, but associated pain should be evaluated. Sustained penile erection before penetration could be associated with this syndrome at times. The most frequent cause of this however could be a urogenital tract infection and is also seen in a chronic infection of the prostate gland called prostatitis. In a small number of patients, even after a detailed assessment, no identifiable cause is actually identified. Urogenital fistulas and nerve compressions could be at the cause too.
I suggest you book an appointment with a urologist for a proper evaluation.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor