Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Pain During Monthly Periods.

I am having so much pain during my periods plz tell me something to proper cure it
Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!

what you are experiencing is termed dysmenorrhea and it would be better that you consult a gynaecologist if it has been increasing over time and for the pain relief you can take a spasmoproxyvon capsule or meftal spas.
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Prabir Kumar Das's  Response
The condition you are having with is called dysmenorrhoea.If it is increasing in severity in every month there is chance of endometriosis which has to be treated by danazole or luperemide or even surgery may have to be done .
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nirmal's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic forum
Menstrual cramps of some degree affect more than an estimated 50% of women, and among these, up to 15% would describe their menstrual cramps as severe. Surveys of adolescent girls show that over 90% of girls report having menstrual cramps.
In primary dysmenorrhea, there is no underlying gynecologic problem causing the pain. This type of cramping may begin within six months to a year following menarche (the beginning of menstruation), the time when a girl starts having menstrual periods. Menstrual cramps typically do not begin until ovulatory menstrual cycles (when an egg is released from the ovaries) occur, and actual menstrual bleeding usually begins before the onset of ovulation. Therefore, an adolescent girl may not experience dysmenorrhea until months to years following the onset of menstruation.

In secondary dysmenorrhea, some underlying abnormal condition (usually involving a woman's reproductive system) contributes to the menstrual pain. Secondary dysmenorrhea may be evident at menarche but, more often, the condition develops later.
consult ur gynec.for further management
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi iam anandhi, when i get monthly period i use to get more back pain but i use to do exercise.... try it once it may you feel better. thank you
  Anonymous's Response
hi...its really a common factor to almost all the women......but with due exercise or meditation reduces as well u can try this herbal drink in empty stomach, early in the morning (a glass of luke warm water with 2 tsp of honey and few drops of lime/lemon)....
  Anonymous's Response

This is very sickening thing that happens to women, we need to bare pain during every periods. I used to get severe pain during my periods. I used to take Tab Meftal spas whenever the pain is severe. Take bath in hot shower, this will also reduce the pain. Do some massage over teh abdomen with warm oil

  Anonymous's Response

Use hot water bag and clomin tablets

  Anonymous's Response

Hi relax this is common in many of use. You put some warm towel on the tummy you will feel better. take some pain killers also

  User's Response

See a gynecologsit if the pain is severe, you may need some pain killer shots during this time

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor