Pacemaker as a disability

can having a pacemaker be classed as having a disability ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
NO Not unless it seriously restricts your mobility or physical ability in some way. You were probably in worse shape before the pacemaker

I was told yesterday that I have brady tachy syndrome. I have had numerous dvt s and had a fempop bypass and hypothyroidism. 9 months ago he put in a loop recorder and found a second degree heart block. Numerous heart caths are normal. He told me since all of this I would have a pacemaker put in next week if the syndrome doesn t stop. My question is I am a nurse and I want to know if all of this is going to make me file for disability since my body feels so bad or would I even qualify for the disability with all these problems.

I have had r bundle block and a pacemaker was installed, I am using it 85% of the time. I can not sustain my fulltime job as it requires a 40 to 60 hour work week. I am only able to work at this time few hours a day and find myself mentally and physically exhausted. I am 60 years of age, do I qualify for disability and will recieve social security?

my husband 32 yrs old and has had is pacemaker a couple years but he does struggle with pain in is shoulder and hes had xrays done etc done been told hes got damaged nerves in the shoulder hes just finished work will he be intilted to disability living allowance

Recent questions on  Artificial pacemaker

I was just diagnosed with watermelon abdomen. How much will this dx. affect the quality of my life? I am 63 and have had a Cabbage, replacement of aortic and mitral valves. I after the heart dx experienced ischemic bowel. Now I have a pacemaker. I also am taking coumidin therepy.?

My mother is 79 years old has had 2 heart valve replacements, angina, high cholestrol, has a pacemaker, and is on rampiril, plavix, carvedoil, and crestor and after taking her pills she gets sick, lightheaded, naseau, with headache and the room spins. Should i space out her meds, she takes the crestor at night but during day she feels horrible and is bedridden after she takes her pills for several hours.

My father had quadruple bypass surgery a couple of weeks ago - he is currently in a rehab center receiving physical therapy - in the past few days he has experienced (while doing exercises, walking to the shower, walking down the hall) a drop in his heart beat - it can go from 71 to below 30 - it then recovers - the emergency room doctor said it could be that he is on two medications to slow his heart rate down - maybe medications might need adjusting - his cardiologist has not seen him yet and his first appointment is scheduled for 8/3 - any suggestions that I can try and ease his mind - so far some people have said change of meds, others pacemaker??? Thank you

I have uneven heart beat that is lasts for hours and days on end. The heart beats normally for a few beats have a strong beat, halt for a longer period then resumes for a few beats then the same cycle repeats. I do not experience dizziness with this. I take Fosinopril ( 20 mg) and Amlopidine ( 5 mg). I have had this often on for a few years, then they seem to subside substantially once I was put on fosinpril. They used to increase substantially if I consume alcohol. In this case I wake up in the middle of the night with these symptoms and las for a few hours. I have stopped drinking completely for the last few years. But now I have them every day for hours. , Two weeks ago my doctor installed for me an on demand, two lead pacemaker for bradycardia. These uneven heart beats increase substantially even though interrogation of the pacemaker show an overall use of around 5 %. What should i                                                                  

Age 84, pace maker, de-flib installed, pace maker installed, by-pass surgery 9 years ago, and now on cardiologist appropriate drug regimen, I note cold fingers when moving around, blue finger nails at base, as I resume quiet body activity coldness...

I am a patient with a condition called Left Bundle Block. A relatvely new drug was used to treat my condition with promising sucess called Levosimendan at the American Hospital in Paris It is hoped That further treatment with Levosimendan may help...

Dear Sir/ Madam, My father has been diagnosed with Bifascicular Block and Sinus Bradycardia . He is 72 years old, and had an angioplasty with stenting, some 4 years back. His ECG readings are as follows - QRS: 142 ms QT/ QTc: 440/ 409 ms PR:198 ms...