Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

PTSD, get hand tremors, body jerks, walking seizure, prescribed Clonazepam. Can I take valium?

I have ptsd, and tremors of my hands and sometime my body will jerk all over like a walking seizure, in 1996 a doctor wrote me 100, 10mg valium and said they must last a month, i live in southwest VA, and can not find a doctor to write me anything excdept Clonazepam and i am a big guy not obese type just wide and big. i wear a 38 pant size if that tells you im not fat i need a doctor to see me on line or help finding one that will write me the valium, i have been given xanax and it is not for my tremor problem it helped the ptsd but i type on finger because of the shakes. please help
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
It seems to me that you may have valium (diazepam) dependence, which may be aggravating the tremors. In any case, valium is not a good drug to suppress tremors.
Best options for reducing tremors would include beta blockers and clonazepam. At the same time, please meet a psychiatrist who would get you off valium.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog:
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor