Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

PCOS. No help with any kind of medicine. Taking Regestrone tablets to get periods. Treatmen?

i have polycystic ovarian syndrome since i was 17yrs. now am of 23yrs. since this problem was detected , i was under treatment. doctor suggested me regestrone n then other hormones such as dian35, ovar-L .. then she got my thyroid n prolactin . levels checked. after that i was put on cabgolin thrice weekly. many other tests wer also done such as CT Scan , abdominal scan. evrything is normal.... i just have pcos . n the givenmedications was not giving me satisfactory results, so i switched on to homeopathy treatment. by that treatment i dint get my periods even for once. and then through newspaper articles i switched on to ayurvedic treatment which is also called as unani treatment. this unani treatment doctor assured me that 100% my PCOS problem would me solved. this unani treatment was very expensive but still i got it done because i was feeling very irritated by this delayed irregular periods. and to my badluck even this treatment dint work out on my body. NOW every two months am taking regestrone tablets to get my periods. am not getting my periods naturally. am planning to get married in next six months and i want to get rid of it. am on diet and exercise but stil not shedding weight so please suggest me something. thank you
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  443
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am sorry that you are not getting a good result from the use of hormonal therapy or alternative medicines. As you know, PCOS is the result of 'insulin resistance' that is most often related to being slightly overweight. You know this because you are trying to lose weight to help remedy the situation.

What I would post to you, though, is that if there is a problem that is not being properly addressed with nothing working to control your cycles, then you need:
1. A second opinion with another OB/GYN
2. A visit with an Endocrinologist to make sure they are not missing some other endocrine disorder

I hope that this helps and good luck!!
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor