Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

PCOS, 33 yr old, trying to conceive. Tried ovarian drill, took Clomid, various tests, no result. What to do ?

Hi Doctor! My wife,33y/o has a PCOS & we ve been trying to have a baby for almost 4yrs already.She even tried to undergo an Ovarian Drill procedure on both ovaries last 2010 in order to lessen her ovarian follicles which was adviced by her Dr,underwent different tests: FSH , Prolactin ,Thyroid tests but all in normal results.She also took clomid but still No good news yet Dr?My sperm counts are normal also.Can you please guide us what to do Dr? Thanks you very much!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since your wife is already 33 years old and have tried pregnancy for past 4 years under the guidance of doctor,I would advise you to go for assisted reproductive therapy like IVF or ICSI.
There is no point waiting time as PCOS is a very tricky and complex situation and one can't be sure of pregnancy by natural means.
Consult a Gynecologist who is specialising in this field and discuss with her.
Till you consult a specialist I would advise your wife to go for regular aerobic exercises and shed weight if she is overweight.
It is said that even a reduction of 10% weight can regain the fertility in women.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor