Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

PCOD, taking glycomet 1000mg. Complications in pregnancy?

hi! i m 26 yrs old. I m suffering with PCOd and taking dose of glycomet 1000 mg everyday. I would like to knw can anyone become pregnant with this.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
PCOD can cause problems with ovulation(egg formation),which could lead to difficulty in getting pregnant.But fortunately this is easily curable.Many women start ovulating spontaneously with changes in diet and regular exercise.This is the first line of treatment if you are overweight.Glycomet may also bring about spontaneous ovulation.If you still have irregular periods, you could be put on medicines for ovulation induction(clomephene).There needs to be ultrasound monitoring with these drugs and timed intercourse or intra uterine insemination could help you get pregnant.
All the best
Answered: Wed, 22 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor