Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

PCOD, taking T.Obimet for typhoid, irregular periods. How to overcome these problems ?

i m 24 yrs, 5.2 height and 65 kgs. I have pcod from past 3 yrs. It got started after i got typhoid . I was prescribed T.OBIMET(500MG) and i had it for morethan a year. i was 52 kgs before i started my medicines and have increased this much, i do regular yoga and exercises to overcome it. Still i have little problem of irregular periods. What i need to do to overcome all these problems.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Diet control is part and parcel of treatment of PCOD. You should take high fiber and low fat diet. You may consult a dietician. Your weight to be reduced atleast to 55 kg; weight reduction can bring dramatic improvement in PCOD. If combination of diet therapy, exercise and tablet obimet do not help then treatment with oral pills may help to regularize menstruation. Certain drugs such as cyproterone acetate and spironolactone may be also tried. Clomiphene another important drug can be also used; it will produce the regular cycles in 50% of cases and induce ovulation.
Answered: Wed, 16 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor