Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

PCOD, had developed hypomenorrhoea. Taking metformin, krimson. What can be done?

sir.........i am suffering from PCOD...i had developed last 3 doctor advised me to take metformin for 3 weeks...last 14 th was my date but by 10th itself i got premenstrual spotting,,18 th i started 4 th i got s a nice flow.severe abdominal pain body ache,,head ache everything is dere....shall i start krimson 35 today itself??????????????doctor prescribed it......
i am married and husband is in abroad,one year married life....nt yet tried for a child...
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Yes, better to take contraceptive pills along with metformin.
Metformin helps as insulin sensitizer.
Whereas contraceptive pills will help in regularization of the hormonal levels, there by they will help in regularization of the cycles, deceasing dysmenorrhea etc.
You have to take these pills at-least for three months to get desired effect.
For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.

Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor