Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Overweight with a lump around the knee cap. Not able to exercise. Is it a tumor?

Hi, I have a lump/mass around my knee cap. I had an MRI and X-rays done on it. I was told there is no fluid or arthritis and that I needed to see an orthopedic specialist. So I did. He goes on to tell me he is pretty sure that it is a tumor but does not want to do anything to it (even biopsy it) until it gets to be the size of a softball. I am over weight so my knee is having a hard time with the mass and the weight. I have been trying to exersize but its hard to do in this much pain. What would you as a professional in this situation. What would you do just as an average joe?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.
I have read your question.
First of all if it is a tumor then MRI of knee should have been given a sure indication about this ,please get it checked by a professional or send me a complete report.

If your doctor is suspecting it a tumor then this is not a wise decision to wait for it to enlarge.The first step in that case should be to confirm it by a scan & then get a biopsy from it to check about its nature.

I shall advise you to get a second opinion about this.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor