Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Overweight, hypothyroidism. Taking thyrofit tablets. High TSH levels. How to reduce weight?

hello, i am a XXXXX aged 29 years. i a overweight and my recent tests show i have hypothyridism. my tsh level is 11.08 miU/ml. I have been given thyrofit 50 mg tablet. i dont see any weight decrease due to this. can you help me if in suggesting ways to decrease my wieght. my current weight is 111 kg. height of 5,8
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Your hypothyroidism is not the sole cause of ur excess weight. hypothyroidism is known to cause a weight gain of about 2-5 kgs. Presently u need to increase the dose of ur thyroid medications. Pl get in touch with ur primary care physician. And for weight loss there are no shortcuts. U need to slog hard at the gym and have to strictly follow low calorie diet. if this doenst work - weight reducing surgery would be the best option.
Answered: Mon, 14 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor