Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Overweight, high cholesterol, triglycerides and uric acid, on medicines. What type of diet should I follow?

I am 36 years old. My weight is 131 kgs. I have high cholestrol 5.49mmol/L, high triglycerides 3.43mmol/L and little high Uric Acid 446 umol/L. I am taking tablet for cholestrol for last 4 years and 2 liv52 tablets per day for last 2 years. Before 2 years I checked up and saw my liver covered with fats. I am worried for my health . I have 2 kids. please tell me what are the foods I should eat. or a diet . what doctor should I meet. I am based in the Gulf(Kuwait.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
For high cholesterol you must avoid foods which are of animal origin like milk,milk products,meat,eggs etc.Quit fried items.
For high triglycerides you must quit sweets,junk foods,colas,alcohol,
Do regular exercises for atleast one hour a day.
Take more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Ideally you must consult a dietician so that your day to day diet can be modified.
Taking liv 52 has no benefit for you.
Your fatty liver can be controlled only by low calorie diet and reduction of weight.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor