Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Overweight, have a mound on the pubic area, quite noticeable. Is it normal?

Hi, I am 14 years old and have a question about my pubic mound. I have tried to look all over the internet for help but I can never find it. I play softball and my friend always says that it looks like I wear a athletic cup and I have a penis . I am 4 11 and 145 pounds. I know I am over weight for my age but I am slimming down. I have not told anyone besides my best friend. I don t know what to do and is this normal. Please can you give me some information?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

These are do seen in rare situations, are due to defects during development. Definitely you need to get examined by doctor for presence of secondary sexual characteristics and ultrasound abdomen to look for presence of internal genital organs.

Answered: Fri, 13 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor