Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Overgrown bone in the interior of ankle, advised to insert teo screws, lot of pain in ankle. Other options?

I have en overgrown bone in the interior side of my ankle. Over the years it grew and pushed my ankle inward on my right foot . I saw a podiatrist and had an MRI done. He said that the only option was to insert teo screws to eliminate one joint or point of mobility in the ankle since I have two where there is supposed to be one. I get alot of ankle pain and cant tun for long periods of time. Is there any pther options available?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us,

I have studied your case with diligence.
As per your history there can be arthritic pain in ankle joint
By doing X ray and MRI and clinical examination you need to rule out pain is occurring in ankle joint or subtalar joint.

Till time you can use supportive splint or brace.
You can take tab tramadol for pain relief, and chondritin sulphate will help in arthritic pain relief.
Ankle joint replacement is good option if pain is arising from ankle joint.
Joint replacement will give pain free ankle movement.

If you can send your x ray ankle then I can help you better.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor