Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Overactive thyroid, severe itching after taking medicines, advised surgery. Will it prove beneficial?

I have an overactive thyroid and both tablets ( carbimazole doesn t agree with me, another tablet starting with a p, think its some like propithurical. This one makes me so itchy! If there anything else I could try to make me better? My doctor mentioned about surgery, can you give me some advice about that please and what could hap Pen after the surgery. Thank you jo...
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Some complementary treatments may help some people in their efforts to deal with overactive thyroid. These treatments, sometimes referred to as alternative therapies, are used in conjunction with traditional medical treatments.Complementary treatments may include:
Massage therapy
Cupping therapy at certain points responsible for above problems

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Answered: Sun, 18 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor