Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Over flap of stomach after c-secton, How can I get rid of

My name is Rachel and I have had three kids by c-seation and I have the over flap of my stomach. How can I get rid of it or reduce it without surgery ?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  8852
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Answered: Tue, 6 Apr 2010
  User's Response
I you have a "Belly Flap" it is NOT pssible to fix with det and exercise. This is a surgical mistake the doctor didn't place the fat back and over compensated the skin withuout matching up the line where the stomach fat actually was before surgery. The doctor stapled or stiched the skin after the uterus was closed but the retractor held open your skin and this needed to be compensated when putting the outer skin layers back together. The result is a flap and it needs to be fixed surgically.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Exercises which concentrate more only on the musculature of lower abdomen can help you if you really want to avoid a surgery. An expert instructor can guide you well about the beneficial exercises.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor