Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Osteoporosis, severe back ache, recommended bone densitometry. Tests show high SGPT, SGOT. Help?

hi i am 40yrs old man i am haning back ache from last 8-10 months my orthopedict recommend for bone densitometry & i have osteoprosis problem. my doctor told me fr following test ie lft uric acid sugar vitd3 25 hyds heomograme b12 stool test and all i hv done my these test on sep 4 2012 and my s.g.p.t is 119* u/l.. s.alk. phosphate is 167* u/l and s.gamma g.t. is 500* u/l all tests r not normal as soon my doctor check ths reports he stop my alcohol as well as cigrate i stopped imediately after 2 months i test my same reports my s.g.p.t is 75* u/l s.alkphospahate is 101is u/l and sgama g.t is 259* u/l dated oct 31 2012 and now my reports is s.g.o.t is 86* u/l.. s.g.p.t is 249* u/l..s.alk.phosphate is 200*u/l and s.gamma g.t is 520* u/l as on jan 4 2013..kindly advice me wht to do as i quit alcohol and cigarete fr last 4 months...kindly advice me wht to do..
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

For the back pain do get a Xray of the back done along with a densitometry.
Start on a good calcium and vit D3. Take lessons in back muscle strengthening exercises and posture precautions from a physiotherapist.
If calcium levels are normal then bisphosphonates like Alendronate can be started.

For the deranged liver tests I think that alcohol might have caused some irreversible damage which is leading to the elevated blood levels even after you are abstaining.
Kindly consult a Gastrophysician for the same who might advise liver protective medicines like LIV 52.

Also start regular exercises which will help in the osteoporosis as well a the liver problems.

I hope my advice has helped.
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 5 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor