Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Osteoarthritis on right knee, pain, discomfort while walking. Procedure to make up injured cartilage ?

Hi Doc, I am suffering from osteoarthritis on my right knee having discomfort and pain in walking. I cannot move freely my knee as it was before. I followed my doctor,s advise with regards to the medication . It s been more than 2 months now but the pain is still here. I am planning to have that silicon or something like that to make up my injured cartilage . Please advise me regarding this process. Thank you.. AAAAA Philippines
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
From the complaints and the condition you are suffering that is osteoarthritis of the right knee I would like to about your age and grade of osteoarthritis . As per the doctors advice if the knee is pretty bad worn out the medications are only partly helpful in reliving the pain. If the knee is advanced stage of osteoarthritis I would suggest to consult orthopaedician who might suggest alternatives like intra-articular lubricant injections, arthroscopic wash out, or details regarding knee replacement surgery.
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor