Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Orajel antiseptic rinse, used for mouth sores, swallowed by 3 year old, precautions ?

my 3 year old son just swallowed 10 ml of orajel Aniseptic rinse for mouth sores with has the active ingredient of 1.5% Hydrogen peroxide , is this a low enough dose not to be concerned about. There are no instruction on what to do in ingested on the bottle.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  567
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for using HealthcareMagic forum.

Hydrogen peroxide is a corrosive agent. The amount of corrosion it causes on tissue depend on its concentration.

1.5% is not high enough to cause serious damage. However if your son is complaining of abdominal pain or has vomiting, it would be wise to visit the ER. If he is fine till now, I think he should be alright.

Keep all chemicals and non edible products away from the reach of children.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor