Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Oozing sebaceous cyst on scrotum, looks deformed after squeezing. Further treatment advise?

Hello. I had a very large sebaceous cyst on my scrotum which had grown over three years. The last few days it was quite sore for the first time. However, today the soreness stopped and some pus started coming out. I squeezed out the remainder of the pus, and now the cyst is a third of its original size, like a shrivelled raisin. What should I do from here? Should I let it be or do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome
You surely need to be seen by a doctor. All infected cases needs a course of effective antibiotic. Your doctor can go for pus culture and according to the report antibiotic can be selected.
In addition to these you need to take care of the wound by regular aseptic dressing. Do not touch any non sterile instrument to the wound and keep the part clean and in hygienic condition.
So consult your doctor get aseptic dressing done and take antibiotic as per prescription of your doctor.
Best wishes
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor