hello and welcome to HCM,
You are most likely to be suffering from an acute episode of tonsillitis
along with pharyngitis
You need to do the following as soon as possible:
1. Get an ENT consult and re-evaluate the effectiveness of the medication given by you doctor as your symptoms have actually worsened while they should have improved by now. If you have not started any antibiotics or pain killer medication then it is imperative that you do so immediately in consultation with your doctor.
2. Request your doctor for a throat swab and send it for culture and sensitivity
3. Start anti reflux treatment also in consultation with your doctor
4. Take only warm fluids and do salt water gargle
5. Do not speak loudly or strain when you speak
5. Assess whether you need injections for faster and better symptom control
6. If the problem occurs frequently then may be you can consider removal of the tonsils at a later date.
take care and get well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan