Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

On z-pack for sinus infection. Ear pain due to infection. Muffled hearing, sore throat and headache. Need to see an ENT specialist?

I started feeling sick a month ago, went to dr she said sinus infection . Put on z PAC. Went back one week later with ear pain. They irrigated my ear and discovered ear infection . Given a new antibiotic for ten more days. I still feel terrible. Ears constantly popping, muffled hearing , sore throat , headache , shakes and chills. What do u think I should do? Make an apt w an ent? Or call my family practice again. I am going on a month of being sick... Email YYYY@YYYY Tawnya Armstrong
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.C.M.
I have gone through your query regarding headache, sinus infection, sore throat and ear popping and pain. you are in contact with your family doctor.
Considering your symptoms it is clear that basically you are having upper respiratory tract infection, involving sinuses nasal cavity and throat and from here reaching to ear via Eustachian tube thus giving you feeling of clogging and popping in ear.
You are now advice for these basic investigations-
(1) C.T. scan of paranasal sinuses.
(2) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(3) X-Ray mastoid in townie's view.
I hope above investigations will be of great help in making diagnosis of your problems.

With Regards.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor