Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

On warfarin for a-fib, no improvement in swelling days after fall. Remedy?

I am taking warfarin for afib . I fell the other day directly onto my left knee . Swelling began almost immediately. I went to er. They did X-ray and said no break anywhere. They said my swelling was due to my blood thinner. At this point, it has been 5 days with little improvement. I wasn t told to follow up with anyone. I was wondering how long I may have to deal with this and is there another doctor I should see?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If there is no fracture, if the joint is free, if there is no further bleeding – you can wait and watch
It takes several days more (two to three weeks) the swelling to diminish and disappear...

Take care     
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor