Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

On treatment for gastritis, high heart rate, persisting symptoms, swelling on face and fingers, normal test results. Further treatment advise?

Hi Doctor, I am 26 years old. I am not keeping well since last 3 months. 3 months before once bright red blood passed through my stool, and I was suffering from heartburn and stomach burn. It was diagonised to stomach ulcer/ gastritis , by endoscopy and I was treated on that. Mean while after around 2 months I suffered from heaviness in the heart and at that time my blood pressure kept high to 140/90 and cholestrol level was upto 190, and my heart rate sometimes keeps faster. So I am being treated on that. Still after around 1 month I am not feeling well and suffering from heartburn and getting a lot tired after a bit of work. Also I observe swelling on face and stomach and fingers sometimes. Red blood in stool repeated once last week. Also I more a times observe that my stool comes a bit black/brown in color. I have underwent following tests Endoscopy - stomach ulcer/gastritis (3 months back) Blood presure - keeps normal 130/80 after having medicine. (since last 1 month) Lipid profile - 190 (15 days back) Thyroid profile - Normal values(15 days back) ECG - Normal (Heart rates a bit fast) (30 days back) Sugar - 86 Random test (30 days back) Which doctor should I consult or what reports/test should I undergo? Currently I am under treatment of cardiologist . Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Ckaps,
thanks for query.
From your long history it is confirmed that you are having gastric ulcer.
Passing black color stool indicates that you are having active bleeding from ulcer but passing frank blood indicates that that there is bleeding from lower intestinal tract suggesting that you might be having bleeding pile or fissure in ano.
So i advice you to consult Gastro Enterologist and get examined.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor