Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

On treatment for dengue, fever has subsided, persisting calf pain, stiffness, difficulty in folding legs. Suggestion?

22 days ago i was suffered from dengue fever and admitted hospital 4 days and fever was stopped but calf pain, stiffness and unfoldness of both knee problen was seen and was rechecked by doctor, he has suggested to take medicine viz.ADTROL PLUS and since 10 days i have been taking that medicine but it has not recovered yet and i can not walk properly on up-down and also i can not fold my legs properly . So how many days dengue s side-effect is seen?what do i do?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Thanks for writing to hcm.
Dengue can result in painful joints which may last even few months.
You can try mild exercise like stretching and warm compress to relieve the stifness.
Try walking regularly as far as possible.
Dr arun
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor