Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

On simvastatin, test done for sgot, sgpt, bilurubin count, taken dicleron A, hypochondriac pain. Suggestion?

I have undergone my annual check up and I am 41 years male, non smoking and weekly drinker. I am on simvastatin for the past 5 years but this is the first time my sgot and sgpt have come 65 and 109 resp. My bilurubin count (direct was 0.41) I was on dicleron A for 3-4 days just before the test. I suffer from hypochondriac pain (USG suggested small gall bladder polyps below 6mm. Do I redo the liver profile or should i under go an USG again.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Thanks for writing to
DO not worry,you need to redo USG again as the hypochondriac pain could be due to gall bladder infection too.
This if confirmed will need antibiotics and surgery if required
Wishing you great health
Dr Arun
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor